Highest Serious Discussion Per Post on Endchan

New Reply on thread #22620
X
Max 20 files0 B total
[New Reply]

[Index] [Catalog] [Banners] [Logs]
Posting mode: Reply [Return]

>>/31147/
I use GIMP so I have an .xcf template I made from the original and work with where the caption BONG is on a different layer (otherwise it's the png template in OP).
All the other letters are hand drawn. I keep the .xcf files so the captions are on their own layers sometimes one letter on one layer, and I just open a file and can reuse the letters with copypasting into the new image.
Previously I promised an alphabet template too, so I'm gonna do that next, I hope today, I'll create a png and will upload the .xcf too somehow I think End takes a .zip.
I dunno what format is used by PS, maybe I should create a compatible one to that too. Tho I would recommend everyone to use the libre GIMP instead of that proprietary monstrosity.
 >>/31153/
 >>/31153/
> maybe I should create a compatible one to that too. 
Try using some of these

https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/create-your-own-font

https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Font

I'm just going to use a similar font and use the orange yellow font for it. Too much of a hassle making it the same I think
thumbnail of 00_bong_alphabet-v1.png
thumbnail of 00_bong_alphabet-v1.png
00_bong_alpha... png
(515.22 KB, 1512x2046)
thumbnail of 00_bong_alphabet.xcf.zip
thumbnail of 00_bong_alphabet.xcf.zip
00_bong_al... zip
(468.34 KB, 0x0)
Here's what I put together from my different BONGs. Had to resize some.
C and L has variations, I like neither but I'm considering polishing the second C to a usable one (that was in a smaller text, in the Cologne's FICKI), and keeping the first L.
I also want to change J, V, X, and Y and don't really glad with U but can live with for now. I only have plan for X.

I'll post the following versions when I have them.
But I'd encourage future artist to draw their letters on their own, tapping their own creativity as others did when they made their BONGs, for example:
 >>/22630/ CROM
 >>/22636/ KANG
 >>/22640/ NONG
 >>/22646/ all
etc. etc.
thumbnail of 00_bong_alphabet-full-v2.png
thumbnail of 00_bong_alphabet-full-v2.png
00_bong_alpha... png
(518.29 KB, 1512x2046)
Made a Q and changed the X. This one is better but feels suboptimal.
Next gonna remove duplicates. From the Cs I'm gonna keep the middle one, but clear it up so it'll have sharper silhouette. The firs L will remain but with a bit shorter foot.
thumbnail of cafe.jpeg
thumbnail of cafe.jpeg
cafe jpeg
(147.1 KB, 1300x900)
thumbnail of hgfde.png
thumbnail of hgfde.png
hgfde png
(592.27 KB, 1193x670)
 >>/31455/
 >>/31455/
Okay have not had time to work on this yet. Been busy working

Was thinking about using this image for the cafe, unless someone has something better. Was also going to add a Fairly Odd parents throwback using pic related. Will dump whenever I suppose
thumbnail of boong.png
thumbnail of boong.png
boong png
(1.88 MB, 1400x1023)
I decided to finally it's time to make a new one. Well it's a modification to an already existing one, but it's fine. Maybe gonna change the background to something different.
Thanks to the boongs on /ausneets/ for the inspiration.
I was thinking about a couple more but at the moment I can't remember what were those.
thumbnail of boong2.png
thumbnail of boong2.png
boong2 png
(2.11 MB, 1400x1023)
thumbnail of boong3.png
thumbnail of boong3.png
boong3 png
(2.1 MB, 1400x1023)
Boong v2, without orange background.
Then noticed how shitty that didgeridoo is, had a fuzzy white outline, the remains of the white background. Someone did a shitty job with that png. Corrected that. So boong v3 is also included, most likely the final form.
 >>/41829/
> flute thingy 
Didgeridoo.
> colors, background contrast
Yeah, tried to find an image of the Australian bushes suitable for the purpose, wasn't that easy. All the outback photos are too orange, this makes the caption disappear.
 >>/41846/
> Yeah, tried to find an image of the Australian bushes suitable for the purpose, wasn't that easy. All the outback photos are too orange, this makes the caption disappear.

It's oghey. Just do your best bernd
thumbnail of blank-figure.jpg
thumbnail of blank-figure.jpg
blank-figure jpg
(256.32 KB, 1087x1039)
Don't wanna make a new thread for this (for now) because I'm not sure where this will lead.
It's a while now I fucked around with Blender. They maded all kinds of changes to the ui since 
then. And to the under the hood stuff, they added new render engines as well. So I figured I reacquaint meself with it.
Due to my potato I can't make realistic stuff, so I decided to make something resembling to Lego. No lengthy dilly-dally with the materials, just slap one color diffuse over everything. What I get to like in 3D modeling was the modeling anyway. And it always reminded me of Lego.
And I don't even need that bumps lego blocks are joined together, less details to take care of, and it also gives me some creative freedom.
For starters I maded a blank figure, I'm gonna try and add the smiley face texture for the heda, hopefully next, hopefully sometimes not too far in the future. From then I'm gonna use this figure as a scale of reference for the stuff I'm gonna attempt to model, ofc similarly in Lego style. Let's call this Blengo, because why not.
As usual, can't promise anything, gonna just go with it, when time and mood coincides.
Maybe I could make a blend file and share it if someone wants it.
thumbnail of blank-figure-face03.jpg
thumbnail of blank-figure-face03.jpg
blank-figure-face03 jpg
(375.13 KB, 1034x1050)
Refined a couple of things and added the faec.
To smooth the hands and the legs I have to add some lines at the edges. Maybe next time or maybe I'm gonna just leave like that. The figure itself isn't really important, it will be just a ruler to scale stuff to it. For now.
thumbnail of island04.png
thumbnail of island04.png
island04 png
(1.31 MB, 1440x810)
thumbnail of island05.png
thumbnail of island05.png
island05 png
(1.38 MB, 1440x810)
thumbnail of island06.png
thumbnail of island06.png
island06 png
(1.4 MB, 1440x810)
Trying to change the scenery. Looks like ass for now. But some cool features they added. There's the ocean modifier, but I suspect to exploit the capabilities I'd need a bigger potato. Back then I remember creating the almost illusion of water by adding wave texture, it could be done subtly, and make it acceptable, now I did not manage that. Haven't given up yet.
 >>/44530/
I just make stills, I don't think I need game engines.

Did not have time to update this work, and I dunno when I'm gonna have. However I'm not satisfied with the head. Too flat. I'm gonna correct the hair to make it more of a dome.
thumbnail of axe1.png
thumbnail of axe1.png
axe1 png
(1.27 MB, 1440x810)
 >>/44561/
Well, before he got to the scroll, he needed to open the chest with something. Tho I think he used something else.
This is just a quick axe. He needs a better one.
thumbnail of key03.png
thumbnail of key03.png
key03 png
(1.64 MB, 1440x810)
He opened the chest with this little key.
I'm not sure how could I make that proportionate in Lego proportions. I started with the keyhole but to make that Lego sized should have redesign the chest which I did not want.
Also battling with the topology in the background. Very sisyphusian task.
 >>/44723/
The Danish solution would be to give him an oversized key that fits on his hand, and simply ignore the size incompatibility with the chest.
thumbnail of palm09.png
thumbnail of palm09.png
palm09 png
(1.23 MB, 1440x810)
Decided to make it a bit more lively. Also added denoise to make it less grainy, on the price of longer render time.
Next gonna fix that keyhole.
thumbnail of topography-correction-gpur.png
thumbnail of topography-correction-gpur.png
topography-correction... png
(1.15 MB, 1440x810)
Correcting topography again. Making the grass line smooth. The shoreline is more or less corrected. Gonna have to fiddle with that sometimes because I'm thinking making the water two layered, the one above semi-transparent so the shores could be seen below water level. Maybe making a shark too sometimes later. Much later.
But I have more immediate plans.
thumbnail of chest-contents02.png
thumbnail of chest-contents02.png
chest-contents02 png
(1.26 MB, 1440x810)
thumbnail of chest-contents03.png
thumbnail of chest-contents03.png
chest-contents03 png
(1.26 MB, 1440x810)
Finally let's take a look at the contents of the chest.
Besides the haplogroup map, it holds some gold, ö bottle of beer ö day, a sword, and a real pirate hat! This must be a pirate treasure! What an unexpected turn of events!
That key is revolting.

I might fuck around with that bottle more. I'm not sure if I tuned the material well. We'll see how it looks outside of the chest somewhere well lit.
The copper and the gold has some weird reflections, maybe I should tune down the glossyness.
And I really should open a thread for this.
thumbnail of b54.png
thumbnail of b54.png
b54 png
(826.62 KB, 1092x1023)
this showed up in the image search and I was wondering if it's your creation or if this took off in mysterious ways and somebody else made this
 >>/50037/
That one is not mine. Sadly I don't remember anymore who created it, but it is sure it was in "our group" who made the BONGS for a while, starting in 2016.
You can see it in this post btw:  >>/22626/
Sometimes I see my work posted here and there. Maybe I should repost them again on Kohl - along with those who others made. Perhaps when I shill the movie night.

Post(s) action:

Moderation Help
Scope:
Duration: Days

Ban Type:

New Reply on thread #22620
Max 20 files0 B total