Max 20 files0 B total
[New Reply]

[Index] [Catalog] [Banners] [Logs]
Posting mode: Reply [Return]

thumbnail of 2032-nk-02-03.jpg
thumbnail of 2032-nk-02-03.jpg
2032-nk-02-03 jpg
(316.5 KB, 1200x586)
2. Brussels wants to abolish the "interest stop".
The interest on loans rose high in the recent period. Because of this the government introduced an "interest stop" in order to protect the families, which now protects 300 thousand families and nearly 30 thousand enterprises. Brussels made it clear in their country specific suggestions, that they want to abolish this measure.
It's a cap on the interest. It is usually a temporary thing in case of crisis and the interest jumps high. Problem is people have to pay their loans fully. No exceptions. Banks never lose. So in the end it just postpones the inevitable. Gaining time.
a. The "interest stop" has to be expanded to 2024 too.
b. Brussels is right, we have to outphase the measure. We never know what's Brussels standpoint really is. It probably can be read on the internet somewhere on an official EU website. Noone does.

3. Brussels wants to terminate the "extra profit tax".
The government makes those large companies pay extra tax which are accumulated extra profit during the pandemic and war crisis. We expect them to bear the common burden. However Brussels wants Hungary to abolish this tax by the end of the year.
Sounds very populist act. "Tax the rich" is a popular, comforting thought. Who wouldn't want those fat pigs pay?! Almost as easy to point out from the other side of the argument that if you raise tax on companies, they'll just raise prices to cover the loss, so after all it'll just be paid by the people. Damned if you do, damned if don't. Rich fat bastards don't ever lose either.
a. We have to keep the extra profit tax.
b. There is no need to tax the extra profit anymore.
thumbnail of 2032-nk-04-05.jpg
thumbnail of 2032-nk-04-05.jpg
2032-nk-04-05 jpg
(352.1 KB, 1200x734)
4. Brussels wants to create migrant ghettos on Hungary too.
In Brussels they want to decide for us who should we live with and whom should we allow to enter the country. They want to commit us to allow the entrance of migrants before the evaluation of their application as refugees. With this they would create migrant ghettos on Hungary.
I think this is partially related to the redistribution of the migrants as well. Not many of them - if any - wants to stay in countries like Hungary, they want the fat juicy German state money milker in their mouth. But they are an increasing burden even such cash cows as Germany. So the EU solution is to spread them about proportionally. But for the issue stated, it's simple logic, if they appear on the border by the thousands per day, there is no way to take care all their applications, so they have to wait somewhere until the job is done. But every one job done, hundred new migrants appear, and should stay somewhere... Not to mention most won't even want to submit such application. Now this whole application is nonsense, but I won't go there now.
a. Creation of migrant ghettos must not be allowed.
b. We should accept the migration plans of Brussels. This implies more not just the situation described by the government, but their "question" is about a specific one.

5. The support of Brussels to Palestinian organizations reached the Hamas as well.
Brussels supported Palestinian organizations in the past years with many hundreds of thousand Euros. A part of this support found its way to the terror organization Hamas. In Europe masses of immigrants celebrate the terror attacks of the Middle East, so because of the immigration promoted by Brussels the terror threatens Europe too.
Of course it reached Hamas, they are the de facto government in the Gaza strip. And if we listen to Bibi, it was a good thing. Now that the conflict is ongoing it would really suck if they would give them mo' money. Where was our wise government before all this? When they could have prevented the conflict by cutting support to this "terror organization"? Did they not know about it? Anyway, this point has everything: Brussels, migrants, terror!
a. Because of the terror threat, Brussels have to end the support of the Palestinian organizations.
b. Brussels - independently from the terror threat - should continue supporting the Palestinian organizations.
Take care, picking the wrong option will get you on the terrorist watchlist of Mossad for sure. Also does the Fidesz try to terrorize us with the terror threat?
thumbnail of 2032-nk-06-07.jpg
thumbnail of 2032-nk-06-07.jpg
2032-nk-06-07 jpg
(364.93 KB, 1200x687)
6. Brussels wants to send more weapons to Ukraine.
Brussels represented a pro-war standpoint form the start, and urged weapon shipments. According to this they spent over €5 billion on the development of the Ukrainian army. According to the latest suggestion, they would give further €20 billion to Ukraine's armament.
I'm not aware Brussels actually send weapons to Ukraine, unless we count the sovereign government of Belgium as "Brussels". The member states send 'em as they see fit I think. And this money isn't given directly to Ukraine, similarly what we saw in the case of the US support, I assume it is largely spent on EU companies, and structures and whatnot. And then what Ukraine gets directly, she spends it not on Russian and Chinese weapons, but makes purchases at Western companies. It revitalizes the economy.
a. Instead of weapon transfers we need ceasefire and peace.
b. Even more weapons have to be sent to the frontlines, from EU money.

7. Brussels wants more money to support Ukraine
The European Commission wants to support Ukraine with further €50 billion. Since this money is not available in current EU budget they want to acquire it from the member states. They ask Hungary to contribute while our homeland did not receive for a good while those EU funds which are granted in the contracts. Hungary spent many billions on the refugees arriving from Ukraine already.
I got a bit of déja vu here. Anyway. This is about the funds that got frozen due to the corruption of Orbán and Co. Brussels demands Hungary to fix the situation first. Now this is a good angle to counter this. To be frank our govt. could find (khm, create, khm) the loopholes in any regulation and siphon the EU gibsmedats into their own pockets.
a. We shouldn't pay more on the support of Ukraine until we get our due.
b. We should accept the request from Brussels, even if they don't secure our money.
thumbnail of 2032-nk-08-09.jpg
thumbnail of 2032-nk-08-09.jpg
2032-nk-08-09 jpg
(391.78 KB, 1200x699)
8. Brussels wants to accept Ukraine into the EU.
The voices urging for Ukraine's full membership are getting stronger, despite we are talking about a belligerent party. Ukraine's entrance would upset the current support system in the EU. Based on the current rules as a full member, Ukraine would receive the major amount of the EU funds.
What I read/hear is a bit more complex. "Brussels" wants to start the process, but as far as I know they don't eradicate the requirements that a country should comply to in case of Ukraine neither. As I see it, this is more like a media stunt so Zelensky can keep the morale up in Ukraine, present a victory in foreign politics, and say: "just fight on we'll reach the paradise tomorrow, the EU said so too". I got this feeling. I might be wrong ofc.
a. The conditions aren't suitable for the full membership of Ukraine.
b. Ukraine's full membership has to be supported at all cost.

9. Brussels am getting tired of typing this wants to allow Ukrainian GMO grain into the EU.
After the eruption of the war Brussels opened the borders for the Ukrainian grain transports. In theory the goal of the measure was to allow the transports reaching the poorer regions of the world. In reality large part of the GMO grain was flooded the markets of Eastern European countries, causing a difficult situation for the local producers. Hungary forbid the import of Ukrainian grain, but Brussels still wants us to let the genetically modified Ukrainian grain in.
I suspect not all grain are GMO. I wrote about the situation somewhere and noted it's not easy to see what's going on, and how the market behaves, and who really profits from the situation. Probably these "local producers" are mostly the Fidesz oligarchs who bought up most of the lands. I'm not saying there are no "independent" farmers, no small-medium sized farms and cooperatives, there certainly are, but the pockets the Fidesz wants to secure are their own, infa 100%.
a. Have to stand for the Hungarian farmers with all the tools possible, and keep the Hungarian agriculture free from GMOs.
b. We should open our markets for the genetically modified Ukrainian grain.
thumbnail of 2032-nk-10-11.jpg
thumbnail of 2032-nk-10-11.jpg
2032-nk-10-11 jpg
(314.44 KB, 1200x780)
10. Brussels wants to abolish the child protection law.
They are continuously attack the Hungarian child protection law from Brussels. The European Commission attacked this legislation even in court. Meanwhile more news coming to light about the aggressive LGBTQ propaganda that targets children.
Well this law is basically the good old "but think of the children" tactic ofc. They have some point there but they wash together separate issues, basically implying all fags or trannies or whatnot are pedos.
a. The child protection regulation has to be tightened MOAR!
b. Based on Brussels suggestion the child protection law has to be made more lax. I don't think I saw the actual suggestion anywhere, I don't think the average voter knows about it.

11. {{{They}}} want to influence the Hungarian politics with moneys sent from Brussels and overseas.
In the last period different foreign organizations supported various Hungarian political actors, and related activist groups with billions of HUFs. This is their way to forcing Hungary to change her standpoint in the key questions. According to many this is political corruption.
"According to many." Hilarious. What this actually means: foreign groups (Soros) are stuffing money into the pockets of the opposition instead of the Fidesz, ad see people, lo and behold, the opposition is also corrupt because what is this if not corruption?!
a. We have to act more strictly, even with the power of legislative regulation, against foreign influence.
b. The current regulation is satisfactory.

That is all. More than enough I think. Basically this is just another way of distributing government/Fidesz propaganda. I'm sure there are people who think this is the way to express support and will, they fill this crap out and send it back. Am kinda tempted to check all the "wrong" boxes, but can't be arsed, and matters none. I'm also sure some people will fill it like that, for it's the most hilarious thing of the millennia, and viva la resistance, they probably feel badass. Good for them.
 >>/51378/
Related to: #11
According to law political parties cannot accept foreign donations for their campaigns (perhaps can't accept at all, not sure). But nothing prohibits individuals and private groups, movements to accept these even if they are political actors. Apparently - Fidesz says so - the opposition accepted money from foreign organizations in quite large sums. Now the Fidesz calls 'em "Dollar Left Wing", tries to cut such funding, and claims this meddling is harms our sovereignty.
They just enacted a law (yesterday) what they call "Sovereignty Defence Law" tailored just for this. The law also serve as a basis to set up a new organization, tasked by investigating foreign funding of political parties, actors, movements, organizations.
Such law isn't unprecedented, apparently US has similar law, but there they just have to declare they are accepting foreign funds if I understand correctly. Have not looked up that law (yet, might never will).
This drama the Fidesz is generating is part of the campaign of the next local (municipal) elections of 2024 ofc - and the script was recycled from the American election screenplay ("Putin hacked 2016 election").
thumbnail of 33403469-donald-tusk-3Bfe.jpg
thumbnail of 33403469-donald-tusk-3Bfe.jpg
33403469-donald-tusk-... jpg
(63.09 KB, 1100x619)
Donald Tusk got to form the new Polish government, after Morawiecki failed to do so (as expected).
We can remember him from the stage of international politics, since he was the President of the European Council, but he was a PM of Plan before.
What will his premiership mean for Poland and for us, Hungary, is yet to be seen. I'm reading in Hungarian media, that Orbán lost an ally. I believe the interests of both countries are still overlapping, that did not change.
A note to this event  >>/51365/
Orbán visited Brazil on the occasion of Bolsonaro's inauguration on 2019. Jan 1st. I don't think he does that for any head of state or prime minister.
But. I suspect one additional reason was the informal meeting with Zelensky which was pre-arranged. Hungarian media outlets mentioned visits of various diplomats, and talks about visits and whatnot to Ukraine. Our president, Novák Katalin also visited Ukraine back in August. I think these led up to this meeting in Buenos Aires. Orbán and Zelensky put themselves in a place where they can't just waltz into each other's country like nothing happened.
EU hypocrisy.
https://www.politico.eu/article/europes-true-beliefs-on-ukraine-are-put-to-the-test/
> Failure to agree on such a historic decision, meanwhile, would tarnish the image of European unity, 
> test of the EU’s unity
They are bleating about EU's unity when they push to abolish unanimous decisions, they want to enable simple majority voting to decide in many questions.

Wait there will be an EU election in June as well.
thumbnail of orban-n-erdogan.jpg
thumbnail of orban-n-erdogan.jpg
orban-n-erdogan jpg
(181.69 KB, 1108x624)
Erdog visited Hungary. Deals were maded.
Both Orban and Erdogan agreed that if relationships were made tighter the two countries would be one country.
Two main deals were on the table, and some minor stuff.
1. Hungary's gonna buy gas from Turkey, which won't be just transit-country anymore but source.
2. Hungary and Türkiye will raise turnover to $6 billion from the current 3,5-4.
Orban gifted a horse to Erdog, who gave a car in return.
https://index.hu/belfold/2023/12/18/orban-viktor-recep-rayyip-erdogan-torokorszag/
thumbnail of afd.jpg
thumbnail of afd.jpg
afd jpg
(150.3 KB, 1440x810)
Germany is a real democracy. If a party that gets too popular for certain tastes, their solution is just to ban it before it gets into power.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2023/12/13/germany-afd-far-right-ban-populism

Weimar and Hitler and Nazis ofc. Just look at these brownshirts on picrel, probably shouting Sieg Heil! right at that moment.
But let's say AfD is literal NSDAP. Still the situation is wildly different than what was during Weimar. Is there a popular revanchism? Is there a popular notion that Germans have to take the reigns of Europe? Is there strong paramilitaries full of disappointed ex-military personnel?
They enjoy a great deal of freedom, and a great deal of influence all over Europe. Their companies are the strongest, their farms own lands even in Eastern Europe. They can move wherever and live comfortably.
Besides the governing leftlib side is the most hawkish block in the country. They are the ones supporting Ukraine with money and weapons. They are the ones who want to send more. They are the ones who started in high-volume rearmament of Germany. AfD is a lamb compared to them.
 >>/51464/
he's explaining why we don't need holidays
>  you drink too much anyway, no need for new year celebrations
>  you just fight who deserves the award on the culture day, you don't need this
>  resistance day? again you just fight, you need to love each other
>  labour day? celebrate by working!
>  what's those religious holidays, you don't need that you're atheists anyway
>  day of the dead? you can go visit your family grave after it's dark already, so you'll see the candles at least
>  december, fuck december
 >>/51468/
> Ivan.
Call him Kekec.
> kinda hilarious, considering
I think it's the difference between perceptions. Conventional thinkers would say "force people to work more to make more money". When that unfunny humorist heard about Milei and the plans to fix Argentine economy I bet he thought just like that.
> how will he fix economy? to make work em more? let's make fun of that, it will be greatest parody ever
Obviously he has no idea who Milei is (noone knows to be honest), and has no idea about alternative views on economy since he only learnt what the half-commie Yugoslavia thought him, and the following nanny state years.
 >>/51469/
Well it doesn't really matter because people get to see someone from a country they don't know imitate someone from here and it's a big sign of flattery.
There was this common term that was given to him that is "fenomeno barrial", which would translate to a phenomenon that is only known in some small towns or that doesn't really get out of anywhere but little places here and there.
It's kinda funny, most people on the left claim that "they own the streets" but people don't live on the streets mostly. There is a thing called home.
 >>/51470/
Yes ofc, making parody of someone is an acknowledgement that he is relevant. Even if they want to make the person the subject of ridicule, that means he is something. Often rivals or people to be feared are ridiculed, or people whom they are jealous of.
thumbnail of adorni.png
thumbnail of adorni.png
adorni png
(142.81 KB, 424x289)
https://twitter.com/TraductorTeAma/status/1745450660659904568
Current presidential spokeman said that due to the decree applied at the government there is a chance that the nation may scale about 90-100 positions in the index of economic freedom.
I know this may just be playing the horoscope but I find that interesting to say the least.
 >>/51506/
DeepL translated this:
> Argentina would climb 100 places in the economic freedom index if the DNU were approved.
Wikipee says:
> Index of Economic Freedom
> created by The Heritage Foundation
Their definition:
"Economic freedom is the fundamental right of every human to control his or her own labor and property. In an economically free society, individuals are free to work, produce, consume, and invest in any way they please, with that freedom both protected by the state and unconstrained by the state. In economically free societies, governments allow labor, capital and goods to move freely, and refrain from coercion or constraint of liberty beyond the extent necessary to protect and maintain liberty itself."
The index scores nations on 12 broad factors:
 - Business freedom
 - Trade freedom
 - Monetary freedom
 - Government size
 - Fiscal freedom
 - Property rights
 - Investment freedom
 - Financial freedom
 - Freedom from corruption
 - Labor freedom
Argentina is at place 144th with 50.1.
If it jumps 90-100 places then it will be about 66-67 points close to Hungary and other Eastern EU countries, and such shitholes like Belgium.
If it jumps to the 90-100 place that's 8-9 points growths, and will be close to the illustrious country of Namibia.

I find two factors funny. 1. government size; I don't see a necessary correlation with freedom, they might be occupied with different things than fiscal policies or economy. But sure why not.
The other is freedom from corruption. On one hand corruption is basically a level of freedom: the money can be pocketed freely no worries about regulations and laws. On the other hand battling corruption needs laws and enforcing institutions, which sounds like countering freedom, and having more state institutions (larger government).
thumbnail of 2024-01-13_07-41.png
thumbnail of 2024-01-13_07-41.png
2024-01-13_07-41 png
(993.54 KB, 1407x815)
thumbnail of 2024-01-13_07-50.png
thumbnail of 2024-01-13_07-50.png
2024-01-13_07-50 png
(135.01 KB, 1321x601)
thumbnail of 2024-01-13_07-51.png
thumbnail of 2024-01-13_07-51.png
2024-01-13_07-51 png
(608.35 KB, 1275x739)
It's all been good news with Milei as of late.
> Inflation rate of December was 25% compared to the projections that fluctuated between 30 and 60%
> Decree deregulated the renting market thus leading to more offers and reduced prices
> Prices in general are just regulating themselves. Chicken went from costing 12k pesos to 11k for example where I live (first time I ever see price drops irl)
> Law for single vote system is on the last course to be approved
> Jobs in public services have been reduced by 61%
There is an awful lot more but this is more than enough I think.
 >>/51510/
Inflation and the strength/value of a currency has lot to do with trust in the currency itself, in the economy of the country, and in the government. I think Milei (and perhaps what he represents) has supporters in the US, both in the corpos, bank sector, and US govt. who are easing his job by influencing opinions (and trust). What they get out of it is the lithium in Argentina, and independence from Chinese rare earth metal production.
 >>/51511/
It always makes me laugh when people try to mention meddling from the US or somewhere else, given that even JPMorgan was one of those who estipulated the high inflation rate for the previous month.
It really was a grassroot movement, which I thought were just memes
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ULQd6JD3Knk
> What they get out of it is the lithium in Argentina
Good, the public sector has done nothing but sit on the lithium claiming sovereignty, which lead to a lot of opportunities lost to boost the economy and bureaucrats just getting bigger.
But it's not the US, the US can't even stand up to piss lately, it's the private sector. If it was for the US government they would possibly increase the support for Chinese infraestructure, with what Biden has been doing out there.
There has only been one senator from the US following the elections here, outside of that international meddling is just absurd to consider. Schizo trite.
 >>/51512/
Yes. Milei is an economic genius, and Argentina will climb out from the hole on her own, just by the work of the tirelessly diligent Argentinian people.
thumbnail of attal-sejourne.jpeg
thumbnail of attal-sejourne.jpeg
attal-sejourne jpeg
(68.06 KB, 1120x747)
 >>/51515/
Well I would reply to the topic in earnest but I have couple of fun stuff to post about today.

First France.
The Prime Minister of France, Elisabeth Borne stepped down from her position couple days ago.
https://www.france24.com/en/france/20240108-macron-moves-to-name-new-prime-minister-in-govt-reshuffle
Her chief problem was the new immigration law the "far right" forced unto them, tightening 
Here's contents of the law by Lemonade:
https://www.lemonde.fr/en/france/article/2023/12/20/what-s-in-france-s-controversial-immigration-law_6361995_7.html
I won't go over it because I want to reach to the fun part in this post.

So the new PM is Gabriel Attal an openly gay dude, legally married to another bloke (made possible by a French law enacted in 2013):
https://www.france24.com/en/france/20240109-macron-to-name-new-french-prime-minister-after-borne-resignation
The real fun part is this. France has a new Foreign Minister too, Stéphane Séjourné who is actually the "another bloke" from Attal's marriage.
I really like how the article below coyly says:
> Sejourne was in a civil partnership with Attal, France’s first openly gay prime minister, but their relationship is now believed to be over.
They were married. Did they divorce? Why can't France24 write this down plainly? This is the legal reality in France, what's their problem with that? Considering France24 is a leftlib media outlet.
https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20240112-macron-s-reshuffle-tilts-french-cabinet-to-the-right-ahead-of-eu-elections
Turns out homosexuality is just another tool for patriarchy to keep women away from the positions of power.:^)
I tried to look up some marriage photo but I have not seen any.
thumbnail of german-farmer-protests.jpeg
thumbnail of german-farmer-protests.jpeg
german-farmer-protests jpeg
(133.49 KB, 960x540)
The second happening is in Germany.
Farmers out on the streets and roads demonstrating, and preparing the largest protest since forever on January 15th.
The direct spark for the events is the (planned?) abolishment of the agrarian subsidies, along with the diesel subsidy for farmers. Their chief source of discontent is that the Red-Yellow-Green coalition commits agricultural suicide. The stuff below I heard in a radio interview so can't really give a source. I might try to find a webpage that represents the opinions and grievances of  the German farmers.

So.
They say the 70% of Germans live in the countryside but life there is frowned upon and country living is made worse and untenable (citing that all the services are closing, no pubs, shops, and even ATMs...).
Agriculture is still among the largest employers of Germany. Tho the wages are fairly low.
They have to abide more and more regulations. And they get more nonsensical. Recently the German govt. regulated the use of fertilizers in some areas they are forbidden to use enough for the need of the crops, so they reached a point when wheat started to lack so much proteins it cannot baked into a bread!
The current government has a Green agrarian minister who hates agriculture and blames agriculture for climate change. Essentially now they do everything to prevent German agriculture to be working.
Despite all the regulations on the home front, Germany imports more and more agricultural products, South America, and in particular Brazil was named, as the main source of corn - which is treated with chemicals that are banned in the EU and Germany for 2-3 decades now. Replying to a question the interviewee said that last year Germany bought record amount of grain from Ukraine, again treated with chemicals that are banned. Among these circumstances the German farmers can't hold against the competition.

I have to ask. Greens are complaining about the loss of rainforests in Brazil, if they ramp up imports from there, that encourages deforestation. How is this a greener solution than producing locally?
At the moment I couldn't find a good source on the internet, just this:
https://lsvdeutschland.de/
The spokesman of this organization, Anthony Robert Lee was the interviewee. Despite his Anglo name, he spoke German.
From that website above - link again: https://lsvdeutschland.de/ - translated this:

It can't go on like this, agriculture has to cope with more and more ill-conceived regulations and poor political decisions. Many of these decisions not only cost a lot more working time, but also cause high costs that can hardly be passed on.
Here are a few examples from the last 2 years alone:
- Reduction of the tax rate for flat-rate businesses from 10.7% to 8.4%
- Abolition of profit smoothing
- Cancellation of the investment subsidy of €195 million for the rapid reorganisation of agriculture desired by society
- Reduction in subsidies for agricultural social insurance and the employers' liability insurance association
- Higher CO2 levy, which will rise to 19.8 cents per litre by 2026
- 4% set-aside of productive land, without compensation
- Tightening of the Odour Immission Directive (GIRL)
- Expansion of the material flow balance
- Tightening of the erosion control register
- Lack of investment support for conversion to greater animal welfare, without safeguarding higher operating costs
- Lack of tendering volumes for biogas
- Increased damage caused by wolves, beavers, etc. Still no solution to date
Coppola things to mention, trying to make it short. It's foreign politics but EU "home affair", two in one.
This year we're gonna have EU elections for the Parliament. June 6-9.
Three plus one issues things revolve around these days: Ukraine, migrants, and LGBT stuff. These are the ones divides the opinions. The plus one is corruption, but it really isn't a thing people will decide who to vote for, it's just a thing to toss around while on the campaign. Like:
> Ukraine did great effort in fighting corruption
> Hungary is corrupt
> Hungary is not, we passed all the test
> EU is corrupt, Qatargate
etc.

Local (municipal) elections on the Hungary coincides with the EU elections. So Fidesz keeps it tight to get those votes, the opposition is weak, and foreign monetary support is getting cut from them. In 2023 the Fidesz majority parliament put the regulation into place and the institution was set up too.

And then, the in second half of 2024 it will be Hungary's turn to take on EU presidency, from the start of July to the end of December.

In Poland things are getting complicated as mentioned here:  >>/51236/ and here:  >>/51386/
The new government started a cleanup, getting rid of political opponents, putting them in prison (it seems unconstitutionally), and took over some media outlets. Voters of PiS are not amused.
Demonstrations are ongoing I believe. Also new government started with LGBT propaganda.
Fidesz-media here says the Polish opposition was financed by the Soros backed NGOs.

So Poland gets less friendly with Hungary. Orbán started to court Fico from Northern Hungary, the new populist PM, since Hungary needs an ally in the EU to veto decisions directed against us. Good move to be honest. I don't know how much favor actually we gain, but Fidesz-media talks much more about our northern neighbour than anytime before.
Oh, after Hungary, Polan will follow in EU presidency from 2025. So our govt probably will spend some time mending relations with them too.
And one thing from the other side of the ocean:
US presidential election in November.
If Trump wins, things are expected to get very interesting. It would be good for the Orbán government here, and the support for Ukraine would become questionable. Trump is more of a negotiator businessman. Or not.
I expect Tucker Carlson to talk about Hungary more, especially during our EU presidency.
At the same time the German farmer protests Romanian ones also went to the street. Now it seems Polish farmers are doing demonstrations, and Belgian too. I heard even French raised their voices, and apparently they did:
https://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/news/farmers-protests-slowly-spread-to-belgium/
> condemning that the EU imports products that do not meet the same standards they are required to respect under EU legislation
The problem is that EU regulations make production cost within the EU high. Outside the EU is unregulated, so producing there is cheap. Imports of the EU rose last year drastically, basically foreign foodstuff replaces local. Corn from Brazil, grain from Ukraine, vegetables from Kenya, fruits from Morocco. What is the point banning pesticides within the EU claiming they are unhealthy and bad for environment when outside EU they can be used and then we buy the treated stuff and eat it...
Cowfarts are made #1 enemy of the climate in EU. So they suppress cattle husbandry within the EU. Now have to import beef from the outside. However EU produces/produces 10% of world, what they do is just shrink this, and pass the market to the rest of the world.
Another fun part is, that large agricultural corpos move out and set up production elsewhere. So the Moroccan fruit is actually in the hands of Spanish companies, the profit of Kenyan veggies belong to Dutch ones. Who really loses on the business? Small farms ofc.
So basically this is their problem.
thumbnail of 54807253_9469dfa8406284f6702691a9be87bbf2_bpc.jpg
thumbnail of 54807253_9469dfa8406284f6702691a9be87bbf2_bpc.jpg
54807253_9469dfa84062... jpg
(261.92 KB, 976x651)
thumbnail of 54807257_ab2543f3b9b2d021921b5e8fb1b445c3_bpc.jpg
thumbnail of 54807257_ab2543f3b9b2d021921b5e8fb1b445c3_bpc.jpg
54807257_ab2543f3b9b2... jpg
(174.11 KB, 976x651)
thumbnail of 54807513_4890c76143bcc95a218bc6dedfee715b_j.jpg
thumbnail of 54807513_4890c76143bcc95a218bc6dedfee715b_j.jpg
54807513_4890c76143bc... jpg
(214.64 KB, 840x643)
So she  >>/46881/ resigned.
Career cut short after 2 years.
She issued some to some convicts, among them a dude who was the deputy manager of an orphanage where he helped his boss to cover up the boss's molestation of the minors housed in that institution. So wasn't even pedophile, but protests erupted and people around Novák started to back out - they couldn't bear the guilt by association by association by association by association... yeah I think it's a 5th level pedophilia there.
At the moment I'm not even sure that the orphanage director was an actual pedophile (ie: favoring pre-pubescent children) or someone who sexually abused minors who were above age of consent (14) BUT under his authority and care.
Anyway all scandals around child protection is a dent on the shining armor of Fidesz championing the safety of our children. She had to go.

I think I wrote elsewhere that as a President of the Republic she was mostly a mouthpiece for Orbán. I found her style, demeanor pleasant, she spoke English well and was someone media could report about (her foreign visits and such), so besides that she did not really represent the unity of the nation (as a Pres should according to the Constitution), but the standpoints of current government, I had no problems with her.
I'm curious who'll be next.
V4 plus Lithuania and Latvia are ganging together to protest against the flood of Ukrainian grain. You know, all these Eastern EU countries will always have and common interests, so any issue stands between them and there are interest groups who want to create divide, disagreement between them will always be temporary.
Romanian farmers also protest/ed, just as German, French, Belgian, and Dutch. With EU elections this year, this topic will decide many votes.
The US Dollar went below 1000 Argentine pesos recently.
Economy will recover itself soon enough, just gotta trust Miller
thumbnail of sulyok-tamás.jpg
thumbnail of sulyok-tamás.jpg
sulyok-tamás jpg
(254.69 KB, 1120x747)
Hungary has new President of the Republic. He is called Sulyok Tamás and was the president of the Constitutional Court for a while. So he should know the Constitution well at least.
Has a bit of lisp, but his speech during his inauguration was fine.
He looks like Bibi a bit, hmmmmmm...
 >>/51737/
That would be if the monetary emission was left to its own, which it didn't due to this being stopped.
So far inflation seems to be slowing down from 25% in December, to 20% in January, and it is to be expected to go to 15% in February.
Prices are also going down but not in a direct manner. A lot of stores are trying to increase sales by discounts and other kinds of sales where you can purchase 2 for 1. They expected big inflation but because of this the market has to regulate itself now
Optimistic for the government, now my purchasing power just gotta increase. I'd be happy to see that happen.
 >>/51763/
To be honest our economy is getting into order.
It's really hard to know if it's the govt. work or just the global economy is returning to "normal"/average levels and drags national economy with it. Spectacular failures and improvements of certain countries' (eg. Argentina, Hungary) economy might be because their economy is more volatile than others.
thumbnail of Screenshot 2024-03-15 091848.png
thumbnail of Screenshot 2024-03-15 091848.png
Screenshot 2024-03-15... png
(531.21 KB, 1010x730)
https://www-infobae-com.translate.goog/politica/2024/03/14/el-senado-rechazo-la-validez-del-mega-dnu-de-milei-pero-por-ahora-seguira-vigente/?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=es&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Senate has rejected the Decree of Necessity and Urgency that Milei sent this December.
This decree got rid of many state interventions that harmed elements of the market such as the Rent Law, which by removing it rents skyrocketed these last months. By abolishing the markets would take more time in recovering themselves thus the economy may suffer afterwards.
Now this doesn't mean that it would no longer be functioning, it has to go through deputies if it's to be abolished, but this is also the first time a Decree of Urgency is rejected in the senate in the last 40 years.
We shall see how things work out from here.
 >>/51785/
> sent in December
> they sat on it for bout three months
Hopefully for Milei Milei had time to prepare an alternative route to implement the fixing.
This really activates the almonds. And really typical behaviour, characteristic to Eastern Europe.
It's obvious no previous methods succeeded fixing the economy so now that someone wants to try something new - which might not even work out but won't make things worse - they make sure it fails before even trying, in their fear that it works out.
There might be some, who are interested in Argentine's economy never recovering, but others certainly sabotaging fixing attempts simply due their Pride.
 >>/51795/
Well Decrees of Necessity and Urgency work in an odd way.
Basically the executive power can send changes to the government without need of the congress. These changes technically last about 3 months until they're treated in congress, and if they're approved they stay, if they don't they're dismissed
> Hopefully Milei had time to prepare an alternative route to implement the fixing.
Basically he's gonna send the DNUs again but instead of having all the changes in one they would all be split in different ones. Making it harder/more time consuming to treat them.
 >>/51796/
> It's obvious no previous methods succeeded fixing the economy so now that someone wants to try something new - which might not even work out but won't make things worse - they make sure it fails before even trying, in their fear that it works out.
> There might be some, who are interested in Argentine's economy never recovering, but others certainly sabotaging fixing attempts simply due their Pride.
It's not really their pride, a lot of the changes that are being sent would cut drastically public spending, which is where a lot of money is funneled towards politicians pockets.
 >>/51798/
Okay, so the DNUs are a defined and regulated tools of government, I thought this is the name of his reform package sent to the legislation to vote on it - and the senate vetted out before it could have landed in the commons. So instead basically means ruling by decrees in time of necessity and urgency.
Ehh, Pride is larger than Greed.
> cut public spending
I think this term is a bit misleading. Governments still have to spend the income (taxes, tariffs, loans and printed money), they just spend it less on public institutions, bureaucracy. It's a reshuffling the percentages. They could cut back on the print and the loans, then shrink the spending in some areas.
thumbnail of india-lithium-investment.png
thumbnail of india-lithium-investment.png
india-lithium-investm... png
(117.42 KB, 931x724)
Apparently India invests heavily into Argentinian lithium mines. Great mileistone.

Also found this great video, uh the info about the Indian investment - I found it here first, then looked it up. This pajeeta has an interesting way of presenting the news, kinda thorough how she close on the the point what she wants to make.
Like about el-Sisi, section starts at 14:18 might edit out later. Basically she states the facts that el-Sisi was a general, become president of Egypt in a coup, despite this the - hypocritically - EU considers him a strategic partner and dumps lots of money into Egypt to curb the existential threat of migration.
https://invidious.protokolla.fi/watch?v=GMyr0dLJLxo
https://youtube.com/watch?v=GMyr0dLJLxo
> The EU is willing to reward everyone who can help stopping migration
> They rewarded Tunisia's authoritarian leader Kais Said too
I wonder if this will lead to an emergence of another round of dictators, will see Libya a new Khadaffi?

Post(s) action:

Moderation Help
Scope:
Duration: Days

Ban Type:

New Reply on thread #36217
Max 20 files0 B total