Posting mode: Reply [Return]

thumbnail of Pico das Agulhas Negras.png
thumbnail of Pico das Agulhas Negras.png
Pico das Agulhas... png
(27.17 KB, 642x438)
 >>/38108/
> the width of four fingers
If each finger had 150+ km of width.
São Joaquim and nearby Urupema are the national capital of snowfall (TM) simply by having the highest combination of latitude and altitude. However the south's altitude is mediocre, it doesn't have peaks in the 2500-3000 m range like the southeast. The southeast's higher altitude allows it to receive rare snowfall in its highest cities but they, in turn, lack latitude. For instance, this weather station is at 2400 m on the Mantiqueira range which forms the northern border of the Paraíba valley. It does have once a decade snowfall but if it were moved to the south it'd come every year.
 >>/38112/
On Rio de Janeiro.
thumbnail of 20160613_110001.jpg
thumbnail of 20160613_110001.jpg
20160613_110001 jpg
(1.37 MB, 2048x1152)
constructed wetlands FTW
you can turn dessert into oasis
and most of the water is the runoff to rivers/oceans anyway, it is lost if not captured

they are already mandatory in australia
they can also be underground

also they literally change local climate after a while
thumbnail of AralSea1989_2014.jpg
thumbnail of AralSea1989_2014.jpg
AralSea1989_2014 jpg
(861.44 KB, 1024x870)
 >>/38376/
> constructed wetlands FTW
> you can turn dessert into oasis
> and most of the water is the runoff to rivers/oceans anyway, it is lost if not captured

It can be dangerous if done wrongly. Active irrigation ruined part of Central Asia near Aral "sea". Agriculture used water from two local rivers, Amudarya and Syrdarya for extensive irrigation (mostly for cotton), and first it was good, but then sea gone and desert with salt and fertilizer remains formed. Sand storms take that dust and do damage to crops, even at hundreds of km. It also damaging for wildlife and locals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aral_Sea

Wrong usage of water, especially on sand soils, also may result in washing out fertile component, so after some time soil also becomes pretty poor.

So, extensive human-made usage of water is pretty complex concept that requires good scientific practice and skills. Stalin also had idea to turn Siberian rivers southward to add additional water to Central Asia, but project didn't happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_river_reversal
 >>/38398/
> may result in washing out fertile component
I think this what the ancient cultures of Mesopotamia did there. Also in Khwarezm.
> Stalin also had idea to turn Siberian rivers southward
Absolute mad lad.
thumbnail of bwk_bodendruck_na_ana.png
thumbnail of bwk_bodendruck_na_ana.png
bwk_bodendruck_na_ana png
(4.41 MB, 4389x3114)
thumbnail of temperatures.png
thumbnail of temperatures.png
temperatures png
(1.05 MB, 1491x767)
Storm Bernd (for real, I'm not joking) is flooding Switzerland with heavy rain. Local lake will overflood tonight. meanwhile evil Hungarians are stealing all the heat. Jet stream has been dividing Western and Eastern Europe into wet and cold in the West and hot in the East for a while now this summer.
 >>/44397/
 >>/44401/

It is stable 30+ in central european part of Russia for week, and there will be one week more at least. In past month there was also one week with that horrible heat.

t. sufferer without a/c
 >>/44438/
Also one more thing to worry about. Larger electric bills, if I get legionella. Whatever.
Also these things that makes our lives comfier, makes us softer.
thumbnail of 8e18ec580b4fbbbc3ed734a4ed7a22c3.jpg
thumbnail of 8e18ec580b4fbbbc3ed734a4ed7a22c3.jpg
8e18ec580b4fbbbc3ed73... jpg
(211.83 KB, 1280x720)
-8,18 ºC in Urupema, Santa Catarina, widespread frost in the south and snow in some places. This winter has been strong. In late June there was the first snowfall of the year in the south, then in early July frost hit São Paulo and damaged sugarcane and maize fields. 
It's worth noting how in a certain subtropical climate range, frost is a mini-catastrophe as it's expected only in a certain stretch of the year or not at all, and hits crops hard. For a natural disaster it's also unusually beautiful and, for the warmest climates that can still receive it, exotic. It's also poor man's snow, a lot less prestigious but happening on surprisingly low latitudes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jWRkv5_C0-Q
 >>/44490/
Frost is butifel on the vegetation. Only sleet coating them, making them resembling to some candy, is nicer.

>>/44502/
Not necessarily if we consider economic impact. On the other hand lower crop yield results in higher prices, good for those who sell.
 >>/44438/
> I rather don't have air conditioning. I suffer but if I'd sit in a place cooled by such, then go out, it would be worse.

It depends on how easily you can survive heat. I don't feel really good even in 25+, and 30+ is suffering for me, so even few hours in a/c is better than nothing. Because otherwise it is nowhere to run situation that is depressing.

But some technical reasons (lack of good electrical wiring and some furniture) prevents me from installing a/c where it must be placed, so every year I decide to postpone it until "big home repair" that still doesn't happen.
 >>/44509/
I've similar settis when comes to suffering from heat. My optimum sleep temp is somewhere at 17-18C, and summer I frequently have to sleep in 25+. I'm sticking to the tough it out mentality, mixed with stoicism, and Buddhist practices (the heat is just illusion, desiring cold is the root of suffering, etc etc).
I would wish the autumn to come, but the problem is time flies just too fast as is.
 >>/44701/
That's a cool one. Both meaning of the word.
Maybe the coffee mug needs a teabag in it, the string and the paper label hanging out of it ("Lipton").
thumbnail of cold-v2.png
thumbnail of cold-v2.png
cold-v2 png
(963.05 KB, 1000x515)
 >>/44705/

Added. Don't know how to make tea label more realistic in that scale though, maybe only color is ok. Also tried to clean some borders. 

Here is also xcf for completeness (endchan doesn't allow xcf sadly): https://x0.at/iwyO.xcf
thumbnail of cold-tea.jpg
thumbnail of cold-tea.jpg
cold-tea jpg
(386.91 KB, 1000x515)
 >>/44709/
> failed: XCF error: unsupported XCF file version 11 encountered
Oh well.
Here's an edit based on the first COLD. Not really scaled but we have to live with such inconvenience.
 >>/44711/
> failed: XCF error: unsupported XCF file version 11 encountered

Surprising. Looks like they broke format from 2.8 to 2.10 even by default. I've used no new features, maybe no features at all except brush and eraser. Such open source programmers.

Here is attempt with some legacy settings if it still needed: https://x0.at/ovNR.xcf
thumbnail of drawfagsOriginalContent.png
thumbnail of drawfagsOriginalContent.png
drawfagsOriginalConte... png
(11.37 KB, 300x300)
It's very cold here, winter is right on the corner and it gets to 6ºC at night.
On the other hand, it's not as awful as the summer with 40ºC through all of january, but it's kinda annoying even then.
 >>/47861/
Oh I missed this post somehow.
Also just recognized that's an Argieball with hat and shawl. Nice.
6C at night is breddy swell I think, but wintertime will be colder.
How's the springs and autumns?

>>/47862/
You just got an free US greencard. Nod really.

>>/47879/
I've no idea what can be the problem. Odili says we use the latest geoloc stuff from the same site which all the lynxchans use. Some problems comes from the CloudFlare, and with all these frontends we have god knows how the routing is done.
 >>/47881/
> How is the springs and autumns
Well we're technically in autumn right now, they're cold.
Spring is OK, I have no issue with it. For me the best sweet spot is between 12 and 25ºC
 >>/47879/
> By the way, I miss you.
That's massively cute :DD
> What happened to your plans for becoming a construction worker?
Well, loads of things happened, but in short I realized I was schizo and the things I was believing in would lead to my demise.
So I decided to stop believing on stupid things that don't really have any power on me and decided to go to college instead.
Doing a career on programming, working with ASP.NET and SQL Server. I like it but this week is fairly busy with a lot of exams especially tomorrow, that being said my confidence and my worries are balanced so I can't say it will be piss easy but neither that I didn't study or did shit
 >>/47887/
We are in June deep, so I'd call this uh winter on the southern hemisphere.
> decided to go to college instead.
Good for you.
> Doing a career on programming, working with ASP.NET and SQL Server. 
Codegarch.
Good luck with the exams.
 >>/48077/
We have that since liek for a while now. This week we're expecting 35+ continuously.
Doing some work with concrete. Straightening posts for grapes, they have concrete ballasts/foundation, have to dig and pull out, and pour more concrete to the widened hole in the ground. It's small amount relatively (liek 30-40 kilos) so I mix it by hand in a bucket (yeah I could use a wheelbarrow as a mixing tub). I don't need to add water since enough sweat falls into the mix as I stoop above the bucket...
 >>/48139/
Wine. White. But we eat it, or drink it as juice, because not enough for wine, and we have neither the tools nor the facilities to make wine although I could give it to a pal who has, or even to a relative, but again, the amount lacks seriously, plus too much bother.
I dunno their actual type. One looks similar to muscat. Others I think Juhfark or something similar, Hungarian cultivars.
It's gonna rain planets. Finally it will end.
https://www.independent.co.uk/space/solar-system-collapse-passing-star-b2120397.html

Post(s) action:

Moderation Help
Scope:
Duration: Days

Ban Type:

New Reply on thread #24257
Max 20 files0 B total