Imaginare firendz r real

New Reply on thread #3325
X
Max 20 files0 B total
[New Reply]

[Index] [Catalog] [Banners] [Logs]
Posting mode: Reply [Return]

>>/4329/
Freya said the first night at the guild was free. tonights the second night. we pay 2sp for a room for 4. its true Ashleys share for the room would be 5 cp if she wants to stay in our room which i hope because it saves money. but theres nothing to pay for yesterday.

so as i said if the party pays for everything today including for Ashley then Yulya only has 7 cp left. If Ashley pays 5 cp for the room Yulya has 5+7=12 cp. If Ashley also pays 3 sp for the bath then its 3 sp and 12 cp. but actually we had planned to invite her because we gave her far less of the reward share than she was entitled to. 

so then Yulya would currently have 12 cp and Cat and Alice absolutely nothing. we dont know how much Ashley has but she would not owe us anything and we not to her.
thumbnail of ezgif-3-0684686aa0.jpg
thumbnail of ezgif-3-0684686aa0.jpg
ezgif-3-06... jpg
(12.52 KB, 152x256)
 >>/4331/

Okay, Ashley takes back the 1sp she paid in to dinner, and the 5cp she mistakenly paid for the first night.

Yulya now has 3sp and 12cp.

If this isn't perfect, don't worry about it.
thumbnail of UA2023-PH-Playtest8.pdf
thumbnail of UA2023-PH-Playtest8.pdf
UA2023-PH-... pdf
(592.97 KB, 0x0)
Alice and Cat

We haven't digested this yet but we heard good things so as you plan your character, consider this as potential options fot monk and barbarian.
 >>/4335/
ok makes sense now

>>/4338/
quite a lot to digest i think it changes more for Alice than for Cat. we havent even started yet so i guess its better to implememnt changes now that later in the game.
 >>/4338/
Looks interesting. I see they replaced needles by daggers and beefed up the martial arts die. We're on a hiking trip so no time to study this in detail and what it means for my weapons. The shortbow still doesn't count as a monk weapon.
 >>/4344/
maybe were too dumb to look through the 4d chess scam they tried to pull off at the spa but we dont get it. would the girls have run off with the money? i knew they should have paid before entering. never get yourself dragged into some places without paying first.
but thx Ashley not that they could have scammed more money out of them because thats literally all they got.

with this solved and Alice safely dragged home i think we can start the next day
thumbnail of lucy-from-the-fallout-show-saying-okey-dokey-but-with-v0-q2nrx47jayuc1.jpg
thumbnail of lucy-from-the-fallout-show-saying-okey-dokey-but-with-v0-q2nrx47jayuc1.jpg
lucy-from-the-fallout... jpg
(29.39 KB, 1080x486)
 >>/4355/

> would the girls have run off with the money?

There exists a time in the long long ago when Bear had a similar experience. He gave the money to the wrong person and they considered it a tip rathet than payment so he had to pay twice when the hostess refused to admit she received anything from him. He paid rather than make a scene.

Funny story, he saw this girl at his college about a year later. They made eye contact and she bolted. She knew she stole the money it was only $20 though so Bear didn't even care. She was talking tough that night but without a bouncer nearby she was a little coward. It's fair though. Bear never made any threatening remarks nor showed any anger.

> with this solved and Alice safely dragged home i think we can start the next day
thumbnail of Revive.png
thumbnail of Revive.png
Revive png
(430.26 KB, 707x531)
thumbnail of Raise From Death.png
thumbnail of Raise From Death.png
Raise From Death png
(326.51 KB, 711x484)
thumbnail of Resurrect.png
thumbnail of Resurrect.png
Resurrect png
(410.24 KB, 708x525)
 >>/4208/

The following Spells have replaced their counterparts:

Revive replaces Revivify and only works for levels 1-8

Raise from Death replaces Raise Dead for all levels.

Resurrect replaces Resurrection

I highly recommend acquiring a focus (or many) appropriate to revive the person with the highest level in the group. Ashley may also use it for her needs when not needed for these spells.

It's still expensive and costly but mush more manageable. The bear system run will also be bestowed this ability. 

>>/4363/
thumbnail of Gem-Cents-Blog-Post_02.png
thumbnail of Gem-Cents-Blog-Post_02.png
Gem-Cents-Blog-Post_02 png
(735.58 KB, 940x788)
thumbnail of funny-human-warning-label-sign-shenanigans-occur-frequently-sayings-sarcasm-humor-quotes-prints.jpg
thumbnail of funny-human-warning-label-sign-shenanigans-occur-frequently-sayings-sarcasm-humor-quotes-prints.jpg
funny-human-warning-l... jpg
(43.62 KB, 341x262)
 >>/4367/

Focus: a continous gem or crystal.

Except in special circumstances as in material requirements for a spell, a focus can be used a number of times according to the following formula:

(Size/useage)x(quality)

So a perfect small gem used to its maximum will have less potential uses than a flawed bigger gem used lightly.

Example, a perfect gem used to its maximum extent so its capable of 3MP and has 3MP stored in it when used will have to pass a 1d100 roll DC2. This means only a natural 1 will destroy it.

Gems will have the following qualities:

Perfect 1d100
Legendary 1d30
Very rare 1d20
Rare 1d12
Uncommon 1d10
Common 1d8
Cracked 1d6
Heavily flawed 1d4
Barely useable 1 use

Each gem will only fail given a natural 1 is rolled if they're loaded to their maximum useage.

If a gem is used lightly, additionally you would have to hit a natural 1 here:

Half its capacity 1d2
1/4 its capacity 1d4
Etc.

A gem isn't officially rated by size or quality though, that would be hard to track, it's officially rated by worth and capacity is based on worth:

50gp 1MP
100gp 2MP
150gp 4MP
200gp 6MP
250gp 8MP
300gp 10MP
350gp 12MP
400gp 14MP
450gp 16MP
500gp 20MP
750gp 30MP
1000gp 40MP

No matter how much MP is stored in a gem, upon useage all mana will be expended. If more mana is stored than a spell requires unpredictable results may occur.

Some spells scale with mana, for others they become instantly deadly, some will cast normally, some may kill the caster, some may have a random, possibly hilarious effect.

For instance, casting magic missle with more than 1MP will add a dart for every additional MP up to tier 9 plus 1. Additional beyond that may have additional effects.

Casting revive with more than the minimum MP has no additional effect.

Entangle, when cast through a focus of much higher charge, may entangle a larger area or crush foes in a mass of woody vines. It may also cause unwanted results such as growing to encompass the entire field, spawn living monsters of vine nature or entomb indiscriminately cauing suffocation.

Use your focus according to manufacturers' instructions.
thumbnail of c51a6dcc100e7346abaaa49c8cc3e60ea281012f6ada18778f6fa6a6d483a588.jpg
thumbnail of c51a6dcc100e7346abaaa49c8cc3e60ea281012f6ada18778f6fa6a6d483a588.jpg
c51a6dcc100... jpg
(30.49 KB, 398x600)
 >>/4368/
Ok, I give up.
Make all the changes you want but could you at least compile all your special rules somewhere? Upload it in a document on crptpad or something. But sifting through the threads here to find the current rules is not feasible. I can't keep track of that.

>>/4364/
What's the source of this? Did you make this? There's a suapicious absence of bearsian spelling mistakes.

Also will we switch to the 2024 rulebook once it comes out? I think this will be in autumn.
 >>/4369/
> Also will we switch to the 2024 rulebook once it comes out? I think this will be in autumn.

I am open to considering it.
 >>/4358/
> they considered it a tip rather than payment
lol Americans with their tipping obsession

>>/4362/
so Raven queen isekais high school girls from earth? that explains all the scammer chinks in Neverwinter.

>>/4363/
revive is a neat spell to pick up for free but what does that mean:
as long as the body is intact enough to live on its own
if it were intact the fella wouldnt be dead. can you heal or repair a dead body and then revive it?

>>/4368/
is this relevant for Yulya? her focus is her holy symbol the crystal is only used for revive and that always destroys it correct?

>>/4370/
i don't think collecting rules in a thread is a good idea by you cant sort or correct them there will soon be countless obsolete and unsorted rules. Better put that in a text file of pdf you can edit.

we are alreaddy far behind with our character sheets and inventory we will try to update them this weekend.
thumbnail of muh ancestor.jpg
thumbnail of muh ancestor.jpg
muh ancestor jpg
(34.88 KB, 670x598)
 >>/4361/
> there are thousands of people sitting on blankets, laying, walking strange creatures of every shape and size, some appear like war dogs, wolves, or foxes but stunted and misshapen. 
lol took me several reads to get whats going on there
 >>/4374/
> revive is a neat spell to pick up for free but what does that mean:
> as long as the body is intact enough to live on its own

If the head is missing, then it probably won't work. If your heart is taken and eaten as part of a demonic summoning ritual, then you probably need resurrect as that one will replace missing parts.

> if it were intact the fella wouldnt be dead. can you heal or repair a dead body and then revive it?

The way I'm playing it, just sew them back together as much as possible and at worst I'll roll the dice.

> is this relevant for Yulya? her focus is her holy symbol the crystal is only used for revive and that always destroys it correct?

Oh that is true, unfortunately yours is listed as only worth 5 gold, so it wouldn't qualify for this spell.

> i don't think collecting rules in a thread is a good idea by you cant sort or correct them there will soon be countless obsolete and unsorted rules. Better put that in a text file of pdf you can edit.

[Ashley] Joy wants to do this so it will happen.

> we are alreaddy far behind with our character sheets and inventory we will try to update them this weekend.

We are going to a resort hotel for three days starting in 14 hours so we won't be online again for 86 hours from now. I think we may post tomorrow morning but we also may not.
> first quest
> first day
> everyone but Cat already gone bonkers

regarding formation Gundren and Sildar will be riding in front of the cart. Yulya and Ashley will be right behind or on the cart and Cat and Alice will be rear guard. this way we have fighters in front and back and spellcasters in the middle.

Yulyas not telling Ashley what to do but without shield and armor  she better stays the fuck away from the frontlines unless shes a panther.
thumbnail of Mematic_20240524_211211.jpg
thumbnail of Mematic_20240524_211211.jpg
Mematic_20240524_2112... jpg
(435.42 KB, 1200x1184)
 >>/4386/
> gone bonkers

We're back, but going to bed.

Yulya fits right in emo leader herding cats, literally.

[Joy] Gundren and Silder will be off scouting once you leave the main road. They won't be available for your formation after the first fork.

> Apathy

[Joy] I'd prefer that anything in orange and DM type stuff is said by me though I would have given Yulya Apathy based on her current mental state anyway. You may suggest such things here. There is exactly 1 DM and that's me.
 >>/4389/ 
> Cat soon has 20 cooked rations before anyone eats.

Cat started with 16 in her inventory, used 2 and gained 4 more, so a total of 20 now before te meal. I expect someone to throw a pile of steaming hot stew over Alice's gelatinous corporal form, spoon feed Yulya, and give Ashley a bowl, though she'd be just as happy with raw meat or bones in this form.

If Cat chooses to, given another hour, she can additionally make another ration with the bones and interstitial meats, tendons, cartilage and marrow. Though Ashley ate all the offal already, and wouldn't necessarily need more, giving her more will help her spirits. She'd happily eat the bone broth and bones.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lXZpk7ekKVw
thumbnail of 0b2f18e7245ac0a245f6d8304efbcca.jpg
thumbnail of 0b2f18e7245ac0a245f6d8304efbcca.jpg
0b2f18e724... jpg
(65.09 KB, 540x960)
 >>/4390/
> gain rations while cooking
It's a miracle, thanks Ashley!
No she can have what's left over, 20 rations are enough.

So tomorrrow we'll take over the cart huh? Can somebody else learn how to handle it until then? Cat shouldn't drive it all the time, she's our best fighter.cI would put her in front of the cart. She can also handle the horses like this.
thumbnail of cat tail.gif
thumbnail of cat tail.gif
cat tail gif
(953.06 KB, 220x296)
 >>/4389/
> her tail playfully, and autonomously, gently bats against Yulya's head and face.
I love it when my cats do this. They sometimes also annoy each other or even themselves with their tails. I think the tail is a creature of its own parasitizing the cat. The cats have no control over it.
thumbnail of fdbcc3acf728cb87a9d612b52399.jpg
thumbnail of fdbcc3acf728cb87a9d612b52399.jpg
fdbcc3acf728cb87a9d61... jpg
(18.49 KB, 295x295)
 >>/4405/
> Yulya is suffering from Apathy, resulting in -4 Charisma, in addition she has disadvantage on saving throws and dexterity checks for initiative. A good night's rest may improve her situation but weather she succumbs to it again is up how she treats herself and her mood. 
Good job Yulya!
Maybe tie yourself up for a little more handycap! Would be boring otherwise.

>>/4386/
>  >everyone but Cat already gone bonkers
Kasthan's right, Cat is the only fully rational person right now.
thumbnail of predator.jpeg
thumbnail of predator.jpeg
predator jpeg
(117.93 KB, 1080x864)
 >>/4411/
Cat's the only one with adventuring and combat experience. Everyone else is an absolute rookie at - everything. I still love Yulya, she's basically like my host. Wait, maybe we should just yell at her more!

>>/4406/
I'm the only predator alien monster lurking in the forest and making your hair rise before impaling you. There is no room for another.
 >>/4413/
thx makes sense. keeping track of what counts as long rest seems a bit of a chore but we will just ask you.

>>/4412/
> The scale of danger goes from 1 to 20, 1 being the worst. So 14 can't be that bad
if that thing is 14 than what is 1? the fucking demon lord? or does that mean it wont attack humans on its own just eat our horses and gtfo?
thumbnail of Mematic_20240529_152721.jpg
thumbnail of Mematic_20240529_152721.jpg
Mematic_20240529_1527... jpg
(329.29 KB, 1200x800)
 >>/4434/

> just eat our horses and gtfo?

Autumn is not your DM so if she's free to give away my hints then I'm free to change everything.

The point of this particular scenario won't change but you are in fact in real danger. Though I will concede that Autumn's team is way more cautious than you are. Hence the point of this scenario. Point made I suppose. I'll keep my rolls more secret then.
 >>/4435/
lol it was just a guess but to be fair we are literally all Alice and aliens to this world and have no idea whats going on or what to expect.
thumbnail of I do not have a soul.jpg
thumbnail of I do not have a soul.jpg
I do not have a soul jpg
(55.7 KB, 900x720)
 >>/4440/
> Everyone's filled with dread and fear except one peculiar purple Panther
Ok, we must talk about Alice's stats. According to the character sheet, Alice's background feat 'soulless' states that she has resistance to psychic and charm attacks. But the puny liquid form has no immunity against it since it is still more a living creature than a machine.

To clarify, Alice has no resistance to status conditions if they have a physical background, like exhaustion or nausea and is not a robot. She can also suffer from apathy or be angry but this has to come from a physical source or within her mind. Casting fear on her should at least meet some serious resistance, same with charm. Because, well, soulless is soulless. She can however be charmed by simply persuading her as she lacks common sense, and has a penalty on int checks on top of her low int stats. Unfortunately I'm pretty dumb in this form.

Still working on the evolution tree, maybe it will be finished this weekend. Not that it will be relevant anytime soon.
thumbnail of TAIIANECRO PANTHER LEVEL 1.png
thumbnail of TAIIANECRO PANTHER LEVEL 1.png
TAIIANECRO PANTHER... png
(1.15 MB, 1238x793)
 >>/4445/
> Everyone not immune to fear

If you are immune to fear, then congratulations. 

You are not apparently immune to emotions. 

[Ashley] Meanwhile next dragon "everyone is enraged, those who are already prone to being enraged are now paralyzed."

> soulless is soulless

Those who have animal nature have fight or flight, down to the smallest of organisms. If you have flight, you have fear. Having fear and immune to Frightened debuff are not mutually exclusive.

I see on your Soulless trait you have resistance to psychic damage and charm, fear is not mentioned. I will allow you the courtesy to add that but it was not included that I could find it. 

I believe Ashley Panther is immune to fear Ashley has "fearless" as a personality trait and the panther has the same personality, so are her summons as they are extensions of her left in the negative plane.

I will need to organize the team data so I can keep easy track of all this. I'll release that eventually.
 >>/4447/
I didn't have much idea about the rules when I rushed to make this character sheet. But no, only the living metal form is totally immune to any sort of magic mind trickery just like a machine. The current liquid form only has resistance and has a flight response because it's weak as fuck and focused on survival. Yet I did expect frightened debuff to fall under psychic attacks.

Also I wasted all evening trying to generate an image of me wearing the kitsune mask but it's impossible. Always turns me into a foxgirl wearing a covid mask no matter what AI model I tried.
thumbnail of perfection.jpg
thumbnail of perfection.jpg
perfection jpg
(8.71 KB, 969x530)
 >>/4449/
> I wasted all evening trying to generate an image

I measure beautiful art by it's ability to stand the test of time. It may be beautiful, you may love it, cherish it, obsess over it the first time you see it but almost always by the 100th time you will only ever see flaws. It will never be the same as that first time, and so it's a good measure of art, not the first time you see it, the 100th.

Those weak at art waste all evening looking for perfection through AI. But they never knew, or perhaps forget, that art isn't about perfection, a blank sheet of white paper is always perfect and it's as perfect as it's ever going to be. An artist's only job is therefore to take that paper and make scribbles on it that are in some way moving, in some way motivating, or in some way pleasant, but perfection is impossible and was never the goal. The paper was already perfect. The goal is to make it imperfect in a very particular way.

This blank image is everything and nothing, it's a fractal dragon riding a unicorn on a endless sandy beach during a ring of fire eclipse just as much as it's an apple with a monarch butterfly alit, as much as it's a poem sung by angels. It's a masterpiece of simplicity, unmatched grace, unparalleled in every way, and the scribbles people put to it will always pale by comparison. 

So AI art is fatally flawed, it will never come close to perfection, not ever. It can't conceive of it, it can't because it was never programmed to. Our imagination is something AI can never hope to achieve. This blank page is my masterpiece, my Magnum Opus it's priceless, but I give it freely, and I can never do better no matter how long I work or how hard I try. It takes no time, it requires no references, yet the 100th time I look at it, it's just as perfect as the 1st time.
thumbnail of Black square.png
thumbnail of Black square.png
Black square png
(269.73 KB, 700x707)
 >>/4459/
> We are artists.
Who can spell if you try! Well done!

mfw the panther is way more intelligent than Yulya or me.

>>/4452/
Well the AI pics aren't 'art', they are merely tools and work pretty well most of the time. Even hands are acceptable. But the Kitsune mask just didn't work. It wasn't bad, there just was no Kitsune mask at all. I even used a custom LORA that was supposed to make characters wear a Kitsune mask but nope, nada. I should post blank squares instead, Kazimir Malevich became one of the most famous artists of all time with this.
 >>/4454/
> magic damage
What damage type is this? I know that all damage types can be magical and there is force but what's magic damage? There's too many damage types and combinations. I must update my character sheet.

Also I am looking forward to cute Mecha-cat names. Why does Ashley have mecha-summons now? Meanwhile I have to wait until I reach a 2-digit level until I can make Bartolomeo the Brick work with living metal. But that's ok.
 >>/4462/
> Why does Ashley have mecha-summons now?

Shhhh it's a secret sub-plot!

Also Ashley liked her summons from the other group that aren't stinky or putrid. So she can carry them around like an emotional support animal. Also it makes dungeon crawling a lot easier if they dock to her like a mother ship since they're semi-perment.

Btw, SheShe doesn't name them but I will.

> magic damage 

It's a type of damage you get when using magic weapons. They continue to have the flavor they're supposed to like slashing but it is magic so that damage can affect creatures that are immune to non-magic damage. So they can still chip away at if they get a +1 then their whole attack becomes magical. Ashley Panther has this feature and so does her cat.
 >>/4472/

I can't believe we just noticed. All that worrying Joy did about lockpicking and it's irrelevant for us since my dexterity isn't so off from the highest I'll always be the best option for lockpicking and even crazier My intelligence is the highest in the group! So all that investigation, Arcana, all that is all me. I think maybe Cat would be equal to me for animal stuff but even without proficiency I'm equivalent. Crazy.

[Joy] What's good is Yulya's Wisdom, with a +5 you'll catch most traps. Bear just fell in a trap in the other run and Freya is the chief investigator with a +5 though so they'll find more treasure and have an easier time solving mysteries and getting information.
thumbnail of lmao.jpg
thumbnail of lmao.jpg
lmao jpg
(38.35 KB, 500x496)
 >>/4473/
I told you you're perfectly suited for picking locks! We're counting on you! I'll stick to weed & pest control and laundry service, that's all I'm good for.

>>/4475/
That hooorse!
Also is she carrying a gun? Why?
thumbnail of AdobeStock_217620545-scaled-e1588100977460.jpeg
thumbnail of AdobeStock_217620545-scaled-e1588100977460.jpeg
AdobeStock_217620545-... jpeg
(107.8 KB, 1196x1036)
 >>/4477/

> At the road fork, Alice watches the continuing high road to prevent ambushes from behind.

Yes, very good and useful. Now I have to figure out how I can still ambush you- I mean, how to make sure your journey is successful and productive.
thumbnail of f4f9c360dd308f0cfa4d1cc85acfd0fd-imagejpeg.jpg
thumbnail of f4f9c360dd308f0cfa4d1cc85acfd0fd-imagejpeg.jpg
f4f9c360dd308f0cfa4d1... jpg
(108.73 KB, 1440x1080)
 >>/4480/
> ambush us
Who says we are the ones being ambushed?

Question:
The large cart is continuing on the high road going north. It's not gonna crash into our cart on the triboar trail, right? We're not in the way of those stubborn Rothès, right?
 >>/4494/

> The large cart is continuing on the high road going north. It's not gonna crash into our cart on the triboar trail, right?

> We're not in the way of those stubborn Rothès, right?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=y_PrZ-J7D3k

>>/4486/
> Not even 10 paces in

10 paces is 20-30 feet.

A horse drawn carriage is 17-20 feet long with the horses. The configuration of your cart is either 4 abreast or 2x2. Right now it's 2x2, so you could add 8-10 feet to your length.

So any way you look at it, you're just out of the way, they'll pass within 10 feet. 

In this part of the world, the carts pass on the left but they typically drive the center, the High road is 20 feet across (21 feet on average when built but slightly raised crushed stone and so slightly eroded between servicing on the sides. The cart is between 8 and 10feet wide depending, so if this one is as much as 10 feet wide, a maximum really, then it has plenty of room to go around. The driver can also somewhat steer the rothés.

Post(s) action:

Moderation Help
Scope:
Duration: Days

Ban Type:

New Reply on thread #3325
Max 20 files0 B total